With Christ In The School of Prayer

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Book of Psalm Chapter 118







John 1

The Word Became Flesh

The Deity of Jesus Christ
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.  All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.  In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it
.

Colossians 1: 15

The Supremacy of the Son of God


15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.



1 Peter 1:3

[ Praise to God for a Living Hope ] Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1 Peter 1:2-4 (in Context) 1 Peter 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations



Mark 15:33-38

The Death of Jesus


33 At noon, darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon. 34 And at three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).[a]

35 When some of those standing near heard this, they said, “Listen, he’s calling Elijah.”

36 Someone ran, filled a sponge with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink. “Now leave him alone. Let’s see if Elijah comes to take him down,” he said.

37 With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.

38 The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.




Psalm 118

1 Give thanks to the Lord, because he is good.
    His faithful love continues forever.
2 Let the people of Israel say,
    “His faithful love continues forever.”
3 Let the priests of Aaron say,
    “His faithful love continues forever.”
4 Let those who have respect for the Lord say,
    “His faithful love continues forever.”
5 When I was in great pain, I cried out to the Lord.
    He answered me and set me free.
6 The Lord is with me. I will not be afraid.
    What can mere men do to me?
7 The Lord is with me. He helps me.
    I will win the battle over my enemies.
8 It is better to go to the Lord for safety
    than to trust in mere men.
9 It is better to go to the Lord for safety
    than to trust in human leaders.
10 The nations were all around me.
    But by the Lord’s power I destroyed them.
11 They were around me on every side.
    But by the Lord’s power I destroyed them.
12 They attacked me like large numbers of bees.
    But they died out as quickly as burning thorns.
    By the Lord’s power I destroyed them.
13 I was pushed back. I was about to be killed.
    But the Lord helped me.
14 The Lord gives me strength. I sing about him.
    He has saved me.
15 Shouts of joy ring out in the tents of godly people.
    They praise him for his help in battle.
They shout, “The Lord’s powerful right hand has done mighty things!
16     The Lord’s powerful right hand has won the battle!
    The Lord’s powerful right hand has done mighty things!”
17 I will not die. I will live.
    I will talk about what the Lord has done.
18 The Lord has really punished me.
    But he didn’t let me die.
19 Open the gates of the temple for me.
    I will enter and give thanks to the Lord.
20 This is the gate of the Lord.
    Only those who do what is right can go through it.
21 Lord, I will give thanks to you, because you answered me.
    You have saved me.
22 The stone the builders didn’t accept
    has become the most important stone of all.
23 The Lord has done it.
    It is wonderful in our eyes.
24 The Lord has done it on this day.
    Let us be joyful and glad in it.
25 Lord, save us.
    Lord, give us success.
26 Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.
    From the temple of the Lord we bless you.
27 The Lord is God.
    He has made the light of his favor shine on us.
Take branches in your hands. Join in the march on the day of the feast.
    March up to the corners of the altar.
28 You are my God, and I will give thanks to you.
    You are my God, and I will honor you.
29 Give thanks to the Lord, because he is good.
    His faithful love continues forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment